Friday, 8 April 2016
A short film about hopelessness, despair, alienation and youth suicide and how our environment affects our well-being. Made in Bega, New South Wales, Australia.
Improvisation: Jamie Forbes
Video: Bob Georgeson
Sound: Calling Sister Midnight
Tuesday, 5 April 2016
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
Sunday, 20 March 2016
Friday, 11 March 2016
LonDADA is the world’s first dedicated Dada festival, celebrating the 100th anniversary of Dadaism at the historic Cinema Museum in London. Join us for an evening of live performance, music, film, a video poetry recital by Brian Blessed and a programme of experimental, surreal and Dadaist shorts by Helmut Herbst, Francis Thompson, John Smith and Bob Georgeson.
On June 23rd 1916, German poet Hugo Ball performed his poem “Karawane” at the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich and the Dada movement was born. Over the past century, Dadaism has influenced every conceivable art form, from graphic design to punk rock. Leave your expectations at the door and celebrate the Dada centenary in style at London’s historic Cinema Museum, built in a former workhouse where Charlie Chaplin was sent as a boy.
- A video performance of Karawane by Brian Blessed, actor, adventurer, raconteur and all-round legend
- Hans Richter’s seminal 1928 short film Ghosts Before Breakfast, with a new score composed and performed live by Austrian musician Vinzenz Stergin
- Slapstick & Slaughter, a Dadaist theatrical performance by the amazing duo Desperate Men
- Germany DADA: An Alphabet of German Dadaism, a 1968 documentary about Dadaism by Helmut Herbst
- Spam Slam, an audience participation poetry slam using spam emails (bring your own or use ours)
- Short films by award-winning British artist John Smith, experimental German director Helmut Herbst, American pioneer of cinema Francis Thompson and Australian Dadaist Bob Georgeson.
- The musical stylings of David Goo, frontman of The 150 Friends Club.
- A whole host of hidden surprises, waiting to be discovered by your eyeballs!
June 23, 2016
Doors 6pm / Event from 6:30pm / Tickets £15
Tickets available now at www.ticketsource.co.uk/londada
Follow the Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lon_DADA
Like the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/londada
Check out the Tumblr: https://londada.tumblr.com
Venue: The Cinema Museum 2 Dugard Way (off Renfrew Road) London SE11 4TH
Box Office: +44 (0)20 7840 2200
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
Teaser for LonDADA, the International Dada Festival to celebrate 100 years since Hugo Ball performed Karawane at the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich and the beginnings of the Dada protest. The Festival will be held at The Cinema Museum in London on 23 June 2016.